Sunday, March 8, 2020

location scouting

Filming was supposed to happen this weekend, however... I stayed in.
But for the past week, a friend and I have been looking for some places to film each of our openings.
And since both of our ideas involve a car and we both need each other’s, we’re going to shoot ours in the same place.
I’m thinking about these. Hopefully we can film there.. but it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission, right?

Weston Business Center
Pros: pretty quiet after hours, super open area, close to my house
Cons: it’s a super open area... (I need a somewhat closed off alleyway)

Hallandale Beach Apartment Parking
Pros: I have access and permission to film there
Cons: Usually crowded, only one parking spot I can actually use, 40 minute drive away

Sawgrass Mills Parking Lot
Pros: Not a lot of cars after mall hours
Cons: No permission and there’s security

Some Random Alleyway/Street in Miami Shores
Pros: cool aesthetic, fits the criteria for a place a car would get stolen
Cons: I don’t think I have comprehensive car insurance..

Establishing Shot Film Locations:
Bayonne, NJ
Staten Island (St George, Tompkinsville, Clifton)
Lower Manhattan (West Side Highway)
Brooklyn (Sheepshead Bay)

No comments:

Post a Comment